Wednesday, August 27, 2014

It's Wednesday... 8/27/14

I think I’m going to need a self-imposed limit at the comic shop today, maybe 10 minutes or so, otherwise my wallet is going to be in sad shape....


I do plan on picking up the first issue of Sundowners (Dark Horse) by Tim Seeley and Jim Terry. Hard to tell if this an action/adventure, sf, horror, or superhero title (or all of the above), but I’m onboard. 


After last month’s first issue, I’ve been rabidly awaiting Low #2 (Image) from Rick Remender & Greg Tocchini. 


And of course picking up Matt Kindt’s Mind MGMT #25 is a no-brainer. 


I’m really enjoying Harlan Ellison’s The City on the Edge of Forever: The Original Teleplay (IDW), so I’m planning on picking up #3 today. I’m normally not a licensed comics buyer, but this is an exception worth making. 

I should just pick up these three issues and stop there, but there are a couple of trades I may linger around for...


I’ve heard a lot of good things about Charley’s War by Pat Mills and Joe Colquhoun and the first omnibus collection comes out today from Titan. 


Also I missed out on the initial hardcover release of Tales Designed to Thrizzle, Volume I by Michael Kupperman, so I’m pleased to see the trade paperback coming out today from Fantagraphics. 



Be sure to tell me what you plan to pick up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment