Wednesday, August 20, 2014

It's Wednesday... 8/20/14

 

There may not be that many titles on my list today, but the main one is huge, The Fade Out #1 (Image) by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips. This will certainly help fill the Brubaker/Phillips void left after the completion of Fatale. If you’ve read any of their other works, such as Criminal, Sleeper, Fatale, and others, you’ll be on board for this one. If these guys are new to you, this looks like a great place to jump in to experience one of the best collaborations in comics. The Fade Out #1 will also be published in a larger magazine-sized format. I’m planning on getting both. 


Anytime there’s a new Grant Morrison title, it’s big news, so I’ll be giving Multiversity #1 (DC) a shot.


As far as trades, I’m intrigued by the new English language release of a title originally published in France called ZAYA by JD Morvan and Huang-Jei Wei (Magnetic Press). You can read more about it (and view some sample art) here

 



Finally, I want to get the second volume of Hip Hop Family Tree (Fantagraphics), but first I’m going to have to finish Vol. 1. (Which I got from the library, but had to return before I finished it...) I’ve been talking to one of my co-workers who is practically a hip hop scholar, so this series intrigues me. (A box set of both volumes will be out in October.) 


Be sure to tell me what you plan to pick up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment