Sunday, August 31, 2014

Con Activity On the Rise


I'm very excited about three local cons coming up soon. First, the Baltimore Comic Con Sept. 5-7, which I plan to attend only on Saturday, Sept. 6 with my friend K. While it's no San Diego, it is a pretty big con that I've been to a few times and enjoyed. (Check out the guests.) 


Baltimore is always fun, but the con I'm most looking forward to is the Small Press Expo in Bethesda, MD Sept. 13 and 14. I've never been to this event, and to be honest, I think I'm going to be pretty overwhelmed, since I don't really know that many of the creators who'll be there, although I've already interviewed (with Derek Royal for The Comics Alternative) two guys who'll be there - Ben Hatke and Alec Longstreth. (You can listen to both the Hatke and Longstreth interviews.) I hope to be able to do a few brief on-location interviews both at SPX and Baltimore. 


Finally, I'll be at the Annapolis Comic Con on October 19 with several co-workers representing the Anne Arundel County Public Library. This is a small con, but it's a lot of fun and gets better every year. 

Maybe I'll see you at one of these? If so, please stop by and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment