Wednesday, October 22, 2014

It's Wednesday... 10/22/14

October 22, 2014

Not much on my radar this week - no single issues, just one trade and one new deluxe edition.



Although I picked up a couple of Marvel trade paperbacks at the Annapolis Comic Con last weekend, I’m not a huge Marvel (or DC, for that matter) reader. I am, however, a Silver Surfer fan, and bought the first couple of issues of its current run by Dan Slott and Michael Allred. It’s wacky, goofy, and of course, cosmic. I’m looking forward to this new trade Silver Surfer, Vol. 1: New Dawn, collecting Silver Surfer (2014) #1-5 and some material from All-New Marvel Now! Point One #1. Cosmic, man...

 

A few months ago I read a slim volume of Scandinavian author Tove Jansson’s Moomin tales and thought it was delightful. I certainly wanted to read more and later saw the solicitation for Moomin: The Deluxe Anniversary Edition, a hardcover slipcased edition of mostly black-and-white work, 448 pages. I actually looked through a pre-release copy of this at SPX and it looks beautiful. This edition also celebrates Tove Jansson’s legacy, 100 years after her birth. Check out some stills from the book at Drawn & Quarterly

That’s it for me. How about you? 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment