Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Graphic Novel Goal for 2014???

My friend Chris over at the Collected Comic Library challenges himself each year to spend a significant amount of time reading a new or unfamiliar title, character, writer or artist in the coming year. Two years ago, I read Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. for the first time and loved it. This year, I read works by and about legendary artist Joe Kubert and had a great time. 

I struggled a long time over what to tackle in 2014. I've always wanted to get into Love and Rockets, but that task is so daunting, I think I'm not quite ready to dedicate a year to that series (or even just the first four or five volumes) just yet. 



What might be a more manageable task is Neil Gaiman's Sandman. Yes, I have never read beyond the first volume and that was years ago, so I'll need to re-read that and keep on going. Plus, if I time it right, I might finish in time for the completed Sandman Overture

So do you have a reading goal in 2014?  

No comments:

Post a Comment