Thursday, April 4, 2013

Valiant - Yes or No?


I've been hearing a lot of great things about Valiant Comics from various podcasts, so I've decided to give them a try with Harbinger Wars #1, which came out yesterday. Actually this is not my first exposure to Valiant. I read the first issue of Archer & Armstrong a few weeks back and thought it was pretty good.

According to Comic Vine, the Harbinger Wars is one of those "big event" series that we've all come to know and probably not love. I certainly can't get into the Marvel and DC mega-events, but according to their review, Comic Vine thinks this one might be worth a shot.

One thing I do like about Valiant: all of the first volumes of their trade paperbacks (as far as I can tell) are priced at $9.99. If Valiant wants to build a readership, this reasonable introductory price is a great way to start.

So, do you already read Valiant? Which titles? Will you pick up Harbinger Wars? Let me  hear from you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment